Our first #21DayPRActionGuide Friday huddle on June 5, 2020 at 1 pm eastern was a great success.
In the call we:
- Discussed how to find press contact information on websites. 💡
- Brainstormed different pitches during the pandemic and protests. 💡
- Illustrated different pitching strategies when targeting print or broadcast press professionals. 💡
- Discerned the difference between trends and breaking news. 💡
- Showed participants how to leverage the press clippings they already secured. 💡
One participant who is on-the-court now pitching herself to Boston media, volunteered to be coached. I promised to share more about a protest tie-in for her and here is the video I shot yesterday on that topic:
#ICANBreatheThanksToLeRoySmith #ShareBlackHistory #ICantBreathe
Right now we have such a challenging news cycle because we’re still in the throes of the pandemic and newly in the pressures of the protest. Unless you’re pitching trade or hyperlocal industry news, to capture the attention of general consumer press at this time, it’s imperative to include a pandemic or protest angle.
👉 Tomorrow, we’ll share the actual recording of Friday’s call and watch this week for the link to register for this Friday’s call at 1 pm eastern on June 12, 2020.
I promised the participants who shared their PR challenges in the chat box of Friday’s call, I’d address their projects in this week’s blog. So, be on the lookout for that. I’m excited about this PR huddle for all us where we can share and brainstorm together for mutual success.